The Student Council is looking for new members. You can become part of a team of 8 student members from GRA and Sandberg.
Are you motivated to change Rietveld and Sandberg?
Do you want to learn how to make collective decisions?
Are you excited about other students' projects and supporting them?
Do you have ideas to strengthen our community?
Are you interested in discussing how to improve our education?
Apply and join us!
This is a paid position at the working student rate of roughly € 12 p/h, the contract is for 8 hours a week. Our work is different from a traditional 9 to 5 working day. We spend Monday afternoons co-working from 13.30-17.00 and during that time have a 2h hour meeting. The other hours are spread throughout the other days of the week depending on the projects you’re participating in. It is a 2-year contract, with the chance to reflect on it after one year to see how you and we are doing. For non-EU students, we will apply for a work permit that allows you to have a contract at school.
The Student Council aims to be a bridge, a connective tissue between the divergent parts of the school. The role of the student council could be organized into three branches: listening to student voices to put forward student-centred ideas, supporting community-oriented student projects through funding, and developing democratic structures, created for and by students.
What will you be doing? The core task of a Student Council member is to make visible concerns and issues that students find important, that are not (or are not yet) sufficiently addressed in our education or the school organization. What does that mean? It means supporting student initiatives, writing open calls, following up with people, planning, supervising, attending meetings, writing agendas and minutes, scheduling, connecting, checking in and archiving.
WAIT, WHAT? Here are some examples of what took place during the last year:
- 2 Project funding rounds a year to support student initiatives. This Fall we launched a Publication funding round in collaboration with the BookBinding workshop.
- We provided menstrual products for the Rietveld and Sandberg students
- Student Assembly to collect questions from the student community.
- The floor on Air Project
- Migration stories
How to apply:
Please send us a motivation letter (one A4) and your CV, keeping in mind the following:
- Which skills or history do you have that will be useful for working as a Student Council member?
- What would you like to see differently in the Rietveld and Sandberg? This includes the past and future.
- What topics/departments are interesting to you?
- What are some emergencies at school you would like to work on?
The position starts in January 2023, with a first orientation meeting on December 9th, 2022.
If you are interested, please send your motivation to email@example.com by Midnight on Sunday November 13th of 2021.
The interviews are planned to take place on the 21th of November.